So, you're thinking about waxing? If you've never tried it, the first thing you'll be worried about is the pain. Everyone will happily tell you how much it hurts because we all love a bit of drama! Well I'm here to tell you that it definitely isn't painful. You may feel a little discomfort; after all, I'm basically taking the hair out from the root! However, it's so quick that any sensitivity is quickly gone and replaced with feelings of relief (!) and wonder. Beautiful, silky-smooth skin that lasts.
Once experienced, many of my virgin waxers exclaim that it wasn't nearly as bad as they expected. The comfort balm and/or nourishing body lotion afterwards really does make a difference!
If you want to hear it directly from those who matter, check out my reviews on FreeIndex.com and on my Facebook page! Links are in the Contact page.
To give the best possible results to my VIP's, I use the exquisite Ashmira Botanica plant-based waxes and associated pre and post waxing products. This range is packed full of botanical ingredients from Mother Nature to give you the most efficient, virtually pain free wax. I have used many waxes over the years and this is by far the most effective, not to mention, the most luxurious product I've worked with to date. My clients love it too! It's totally non-sticky on the skin and removes so effortlessly, it's easy to forget you've even had a wax. One thing I love about it is that your skin never feels sore, as it can with some less expensive waxes. You can literally get dressed after and carry on your day. No more feeling the need to shower off any residue!
For further product and potential allergy information, please view the Products page.
- Your hair needs to be at least 0.5cm long (about the length of a grain of rice) to get a successful result. If you've previously shaved, I would recommend a minimum of 3 weeks growth before attempting a wax.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants, for example AHA or BHA products 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid sunbathing, sunbeds or heat treatments for 24 hours beforehand.
- Do not use bath oils or apply body lotions on the day of your treatment.
-It is quite normal for your skin to look and feel a little irritated immediately after waxing, especially if this is your first treatment. However, it's a rare thing with Ashmira Botanica. Any irritation will subside over the next day or so, but please be assured, you can always contact me if you have any questions.
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothing for comfort.
- Apply a soothing lotion as recommended from the Ashmira Botanica range to calm and protect the skin, available to purchase from the salon.
- Ensure you use a sunscreen on any exposed areas.
For the next 24-48 hours:
- Keep your freshly waxed skin clean and avoid heat and friction.
- Only take cool baths or showers.
- Avoid any vigorous exercise, sport, swimming or gym work.
- Avoid touching, scratching or rubbing the treated area.
- No sexual activity immediately after intimate waxing.
- No sunbathing, sunbeds or use of self tanning products.
Start using a body scrub, brush or mitt to gently exfoliate your skin 3-4 times a week, starting a few days after your treatment. Couple this with DAILY moisturising lotion from the Ashmira Botanica range to help prevent ingrown hairs.